KickPad — The first Community Airdrop Platform (CAP), Cross-chain, Airdrops, and More
- No longer only a simple IDO Platform — but the first MAP (Marketing Amplification Platform)
- KickPad is now cross-chain and supports projects on multiple blockchains, including MATIC (Polygon), BSC, and Ethereum
- KickPad will now offer services to projects that are already live and trading in circulation, as well as pre-launch tokens
- Users will now have access to projects on multiple chains
- Users will have access to projects that are already live, as well as the normal pre-launch projects
- There will no longer be “IDO sales”, but something a bit different
- Instead, qualified users will receive airdropped tokens, at no cost
- These changes have benefits for project teams as well as users
We want to start this article off by acknowledging that much of the DeFi community will probably think that our changes are “crazy”. Or that they are “unheard of”. That “nobody has ever done this before”. (Yes, this is actual feedback we have gotten from some partners).
To them, we say: Please read this article fully, and realize that things sometimes need to be shaken up. Sometimes you need to blow something up and re-assemble it to make it better.
The point is, IDOs, as they work now, are not optimal. It’s not an easy thing to say, and not many people are willing to admit it. In this article, we will shed some light on the truth of IDOs, and why we think we can make a positive change in this niche. And we will also talk about the changes we are making.
And look, if you don’t like our approach, we understand. IDOs have been around for a while and they all work kind of normally — nothing crazy. But we think that project teams will be the FIRST to realize that what we are saying here is the unspoken truth behind the fog of IDOs.
KickPad’s original idea was to flip DeFi upside down and shake up the “normal” ways of doing things. Offering allocations for everyone, creating an auto-liquidity adding DEX, and more, was just us doing what we like to do — shaking things up.
Over the past few months we have seen a lot. We have lived in DeFi with you all, and we have gotten some cool insight on things that work, and things that don’t work. We also know that some commonly-done things at the moment are actually worthless, bad for projects, and bad for communities. IDO sales are one such negative thing. Yes, we said it.
IDOs as they are currently, are clunky. Not optimized for the community. And definitely not optimized for the project teams themselves. It’s a tough pill to swallow, but we have seen it first hand. And we have decided to change things up.
The new direction of KickPad means that some big changes are here. These changes will offer benefits to users, as well as project teams that work with us.
- Multi-Chain — Polygon (MATIC), Binance Smart Chain, and Ethereum
First, KickPad will no longer be limited to BSC only — we are adding MATIC (Polygon) and Ethereum projects to our ecosystem and functionality.
As of today, we have opened up our platform to offer access to projects on Polygon (MATIC), BSC, and Ethereum. This not only allows our users access to projects on another up-and-coming blockchain, but also allows us to work with a wider array of projects.
2. Airdrops, not IDO sales.
IDO sales will no longer take place as you are used to them. There will be a very similar, but different, process.
Instead, all qualified users will have tokens airdropped to them, free of charge (assuming they have completed certain tasks, below). No more “purchasing” tokens.
New projects (or existing projects) will come to KickPad and instead of “selling” tokens, they will airdrop them to all qualified users, free of charge.
Yes, that means every single project that comes to the KickPad will airdrop tokens to our qualified users, for free. No more worrying about calculating prices, sending BNB, and all of the other headaches.
You don’t even need to be there for the sale time. They will be airdropped to you automatically. And for free.
3. Available to already-live, circulating projects. Not just Pre-launch projects
This means that KickPad will now work with and engage with projects that are already live. No longer will our community be limited to pre-launch projects, but now we will have the ability to offer airdrops of already-live tokens and projects. Imagine getting access to a project you’ve been eyeing for a while.
This means a wider range of projects coming to the KickPad.
1. Diamond Tier: Stakers staking 2,500+ KPAD tokens (Randomly Selected)
Technical changes also come with this update. The biggest one is that there will no longer be IDO sales that take place. Instead, all users will have tokens airdropped to them, free of charge (assuming they have completed certain tasks).
The Diamond Tier will be selected from all users staking 2,500+ KPAD in the staking contract on the KickPad website. Winners will randomly be selected from the staking contract, and will be added to the winners list for airdrops.
For each 2,500 KPAD you have staked, you will earn 1 entry into the lottery. So, if you have 25,000 KPAD staked you will earn 10 entries. This means that staking more tokens will lead to higher chance of winning airdrops. Wallets can win multiple times.
This random selection will be done via a bot that scrapes the blockchain and randomly selects wallets staking in the staking contract.
The Diamond Tier winners will receive the largest amount of tokens in the airdrop.
2. Gold Tier: Holders (not stakers)
For each project coming to KickPad there will be a random selection of wallets holding over 10,000 KPAD that will also be added to the airdrop list.
Note: these are just holders, not stakers.
This random selection will be done via a bot that scrapes the blockchain and randomly selects holders with over 10,000 tokens in their wallet.
The Gold Tier winners will receive the 2nd largest amount of tokens airdropped.
3. Silver Tier: Whitelist Rounds Remain. Again, airdrops.
We want our community to learn about each project that comes to the KickPad. We want our community to engage with the projects, read information about them, and engage with their community. We think it is a beautiful thing, and it allows everyone to get great info and insight on the projects. It’s half the fun of crypto.
As a result, we will continue to offer whitelist events for each and every project that comes to the KickPad. Winners of these whitelist events will also receive airdrops of the token.
The Silver Tier winners will receive the 2nd smallest amount of tokens airdropped.
4. Bronze Tier: Community voting for Community engagement winners. Again, airdrops.
The community contribution event has largely been centralized so far. Moving forward, the community itself will vote on certain community contributions and winners will also be added to the winners list for the projects.
The Bronze Tier winners will receive the smallest amount of tokens airdropped.
Benefits to users
- Access to projects on multiple chains (including Polygon MATIC, BSC, ETH)
- Access to projects that are already live (a large portion of the market), meaning potentially more projects airdropping tokens
- No need to deal with confusing UIs, price calculations, etc
- Easy airdrop system, airdrops directly to wallets on multiple blockchains
Benefits to Project Teams
- Obtain the same great marketing support, community building, and more
- Way less sell pressure on launch (don’t need hundreds of thousands of $ worth of unlocked tokens)
- Lower market cap at launch due to fewer unlocked tokens
- Can give those tokens to strategic partners, seed rounds, etc. for better value
- Projects that are currently in circulation can benefit from our marketing services and get marketing blitz support
Appendix — an Analysis of Current IDO Weaknesses
IDOs currently have a few weaknesses that are not addressed. And it’s mostly things that nobody wants to discuss. So we’ll do it.
- IDO platforms are currently ONLY for unlaunched projects — not already launched tokens. Very little marketing support available.
We all know there are many projects that are already live and circulating that would benefit from the marketing and community support that IDO platforms offer. And as well, our KickPad community would love to engage with some of these projects as well.
But with current IDO platforms, we cannot. And it really limits and isolates the majority of the market. The IDO community members would love to engage with, learn about, and participate with many projects that are already live.
KickPad’s transition will now allow already-live projects to also engage with our community and obtain support. Our community will also get access to projects regardless of what stage they are in.
2. The only reason projects want to do IDOs are for marketing pushes. Not for sales.
That’s right. No projects care about the actual IDO sale itself. They could raise their money in a few seconds if they wanted to. And that’s a good thing.
But we need to realize that they only want to work with IDO platforms because we can offer them tremendous marketing support, a great engaged community, and more (big shoutout to the KPAD community as well).
So the important part for them marketing side of things. But that is okay, and is expected. With this new setup, KickPad can offer the same level of marketing support to projects, and also offer our community access to other projects as well.
3. Project teams must unfortunately offer tons of unlocked tokens for IDO. This leads to much higher market caps and sell pressure
Because IDO platforms require so many tokens for the IDO sales, this means that the projects themselves experience much higher sell pressure via unlocked tokens. This is ultimately never good for the project team themselves — they would of course prefer to have locked tokens.
4. These IDO tokens could be offered to strategic partners, advisors, or other value-adds instead
Instead of offering such huge amounts of tokens to strategic partners, who would add strategic or technical value to the project, the project teams are forced to offer huge amounts of unlocked tokens in IDOs.
With this new setup, project teams no longer need to have all these unlocked tokens for IDO — but can instead offer them to valuable partners and reduce sell pressure.